Friday 5 December 2008

Barry

It's been a while since my last post, so I will try and bring you up to speed with my life... Last week we had a guy called Barry, from amnesty International. He came into uni to talk about his involvement with amnesty and advertising for there charity. I think he was quite helpful with the stuff he told us, in his big group speech to us. We were then split up into smaller groups to ask us to specific questions.. but ill be honest he went on a bit.... so he gave me some good ideas to think about for my project.
Apart from that we had a day project last week, called black box. We were each put into groups and then given a work that we had to make clues for our words so we could give it to the other group to make up there own minds on what we were describing.  Our group was give the words, 'dorset cereals' to gives clues for, while we had to guess 'Ecover, washing up liquid' through a crossword idea. As a group I think we worked pretty well, and believe we had a strong and fun final product to show for our days work. 
In the end we decided to make a television advert. We used our hands to make the item such as a cup, a plate, a knife and a fork to run away from the washing up liquid bottle. We did a bit of a photo shoot to generate ideas for a poster we also made, to go with the advert. 
Aside from the black box day, I have been frantically trying to write the 2000 word draft for our essay hand in which was 5 o clock on thursday. I was proud because I managed to finish it a whole day early. So I handed it in on Wednesday. 
This now gives me some time to really think about amnesty, and do that poster for the international college thing.   

No comments: