Monday 16 November 2009

Thank you re-visted

So at the end of this week at 12:30 is our hand in for this whole unit. I am hoping to finish a project per day, which should have me finished by thursday if I stay on schedule. For me thank you was the hardest project to remember where I left off, generally, cause it was so long ago. So I looked back through my notes and did a bit of research to familiarise myself with the brief and because I'm back into the work mode I was able to think up a lot more concepts than I was able to at the start of the year. So here is the concept I will be hoping to use as the final piece for "Thank you:"







The idea is to create a set of pavement signs like people see in cycle lanes, animed at cyclists. The final piece will be a verticle with the dunlop logo being used as an arrow to direct cyclists much like the signs themselves. John Boyd Dunlop is the inventor of the first rubber tire on a bicycle. Therefore I think my signs would work best on the ground to echo the tracks that tires leave.

No comments: