Saturday 16 October 2010

the significance of numbers critique



This is the piece I handed in for my crit yesterday. I picked the quote because I think it defined the significance of numbers. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible because I didn't believe it needed much to make it work as a final piece. I used black and white cause it was to reflect that of a blackboard, the lines through the text were to represent an abacus, n the quotation marks were to represent the beads.

I got a negative response from the group because they said that having lines through the text was a negative connotation. They said if I maybe put the words on top of the line it wouldn't look so negative. The group also said if I wrote the quote on a genuine blackboard then it would be more authentic.

No comments: