Tuesday 16 November 2010

The DNAD time again

We were met by guest lecturer Rhiannon James today to speak about what judges look for in an award winning piece of work and to show us some examples of winning work and the type of thing not to produce. I learned:

- The piece of work needs to have originality.
- You need to have a good idea, well executed and answering the brief.
- Twist the industry, disrespect the format in which you work to achieve an innovation.

Unfortunately I found the way in which the talk was presented was poor. When showing examples of work the animations were either skipped through at the wrong point, or the lecturer would try and talk over them, which never worked. It was because of this she lost a lot of attention of many students. With regards to other briefs I feel I could have been working on my ISTD which I am really under pressure to do at the moment, and overall see the talk as time wasted!

No comments: