Friday 14 January 2011

TLK1 -Networking

This was the first lecture from TLK, this week was about networking and there were three guys from industry speaking about their past experiences. They were from local companies based in Bournemouth including: South west screen, Thinking juice and Redweb. The main subjects were looking at communication, creative clusters and social networking.

All three representatives were friends in industry which helped the interest of the talk. The main things I learned through this experience were when speaking to prospected people in industry it is important that I bring something to the table, even if its just a piece of research that could inspire someone, know what my audience is and stay at the forefront of their minds to improve regular communication.
From gaining work in my portfolio and working with industry professionals I would be improving my reputation as a person in industry.

No comments: