Friday 4 February 2011

TLK 2 - The creative process

The second in the series of TLK lectures invited back David Burton of Redweb, Bella Lewis Smith of Salad, Ross Cleaver of Revolting and Paul Leon who is a Freelance designer.

Like the first lecture there was a layed back atmosphere to the discussion, which brought out some key points in the creative process, one of the main topics being the perception of freelance work, should artworkers be paid for work while they are at University to boost their portfolios or should payment be the experience gained from working with a client? There was a good spread of views from students on different courses, mainly illustrators doing work on magazine artwork.

I had the opportunity to speak with Ross Cleaver, who had spoken of working in Australia for a year. This was a worthwhile opportunity to find out some information as it was one of my options in the pipeline after I leave Uni. The main objectives I learn't were through inspiration. In order to be inspired I need to keep life fresh, do something different each day and be curious about everything, that way I can spark ideas more easily.

No comments: