Monday 27 October 2008

PPRD

I haven't written a post in a few days. So basically over the weekend I was working on research for my sketchbook, and I did a bit of annotation.
This morning we had our PPRD session, we didn't really do much because it was a bit unorganized. We made a spider diagram highlighting stuff that we find difficult in writing essays, our group got punctuation, grammar and structure.
I got the rest of my letterpress back which looks pretty good, because it is actually in colour this time. Dr. Anna wanted us to find an image that represented racial controversy for our seminar this afternoon and I found this editorial illustration i liked the style of but nothing else i.e. the concept of the idea because it doesn't work with the advert and doesn't get the message across:  
The poster is for a Hanes advert, they specialize in clothing without labels. For this idea the strap line is 'because the world gives you enough labels,' the picture is showing a man lugging behind him the stereotypes of his group. This particular campaign wanted to extract a reaction from the viewer, and thats what I wanted to do when I brought this into class. Is this Racist?

No comments: