Thursday 28 January 2010

Animal Farm printing

Yesterday I did all my screen prints for the animal farm exhibition. I was a it worried at the beginning because I had never done screen printing before, and I wasn't sure if my illustration was going to work.
After an induction, and finally getting into the swing of creating some images I felt a lot more relaxed. I had two colours to do so I was happy with the first colour prints I did because I felt I got about 12 out of 16 almost to perfection. But when I got to doing the second colour, I found it a lot harder than I thought it was going to be, trying to line up the page with the screen so they were in sync, and in the end I ended up with about 8 which were pretty average.

What was a successful start to my day turned pretty average by the end. It was my first time doing screen printing, so I knew I wasn't going to be an expert from the start. It's a skill that you will gain experience from doing more and more. I enjoyed doing a different style as opposed to working on a mac all the time. It could easily have persuaded some inspiration for any future projects. I will be putting up some pics of the final prints soon...

No comments: